This festive kale taco salad is packed with a total of over 65g of protein thanks to tempeh and black beans, and irresistible when topped with a creamy cilantro-lime tahini dressing! Lately, I have been working out more and trying to get more protein into my diet, and this salad makes the perfect filling dinner for 2 or 3 servings. Who said vegans don’t get enough protein?
The kale is soft, after being massaged with lime juice, and corn and cherry tomatoes add bright colors and flavors to the salad. I also topped it with creamy avocado and crunchy spiced pepitas! I am so excited to take advantage of the warm weather and plan more outdoor activities and exercises. I have recently been loving outdoor yoga. It is so refreshing to take a few moments away from the stress and noise of our daily lives and focus on our breathing around nature.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Don’t forget to comment below if you try this or pin it for later, and tag your recreations on Instagram @zenanzaatar and #zenanzaatar!
- 6 cups kale leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 8 oz. block tempeh (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 3½ tbsp water
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 level tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- ⅔ cup corn kernels
- 1 can black beans
- 1½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Massage 1 tbsp lime juice into washed, trimmed kale leaves and place into a salad bowl.
- Crumble block of tempeh into a medium bowl. Add tamari and lime juice, and stir to coat the tempeh, until it absorbs most of the liquid.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat, and add marinated tempeh. Add onion powder, cumin, and chili powder. Sauté for about 10 mins, until browned, and remove from heat.
- Blend all ingredients for cilantro lime tahini in a high speed blender and set aside.
- Toss kale leaves with tahini dressing, corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, and crumbled tempeh. Drizzle extra dressing on top, and top with pepitas and sliced avocado if desired. Enjoy!